How To Delete A Company In QuickBooks POS?
Yes, you can delete a company in QuickBooks POS but for that you need to make sure you are doing it properly. If you done any wrong step it might affect your other companies in QuickBooks POS. If you want to delete a company QuickBooks POS follow these steps carefully:
- If you are using Windows XP follow the given location C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x\ (x.x is your POS version)
- If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, follow the given location C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x\.
- Your data will be in the sub folder and the different folder in it with the company file name.
- Delete the QuickBooks Point of Sale All the company data files will be deleted. The backup will also be deleted from the default location. In case if the backup is not in the system, find out the files named as “.qbp”. If the search result shows up, delete them.
- Navigate to the recycle bin and empty it completely. Now all the POS data and backups of the organization have been deleted from the system completely.
If you follow these steps by the given order you will be able to delete a company in QuickBooks POS. However, if you have any doubt in the above mentioned steps you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and get in touch with our QuickBooks ProAdvisor.