How to record an overpayment as a tip in QuickBooks
Welcome to the community, I want to tell you that QuickBooks Online has a feature that allows you do mark overpayment as a tip. For this you need to add a tip to sales receipt.
Here are the steps which will show you to add the tip as overpayment for an invoice:
- Go to the Invoice and select Receive Payment button
- In that window enter the details given below:
- Payment Date
- Payment Method
- Deposit to
- Fill the amount and save it
- Now Click on Create menu and choose Bank Deposit
- Type the bank details in the Account field
- Type the deposit date and navigate to the Select the payments included in this deposit section
- Navigate to the Add fund to this deposit column
- Now you have to type the customer name in the RECEIVED FROM section
- Add the tip account in the Account field
- Now add the tip amount and SAVE the changes
You can also consult your accountant and if you still need help related to your QuickBooks, just dial QuickBooks Support Number 1888-396-0208 and speak to our certified technicians.
Have a great day, Many Thanks.